Speed of Sound

Speed of Sound

7/19/2005 - Group Vids 27

Music: “Speed of Sound”

Music: Coldplay

Runtime: 4:47 Size: 17.4MB

Download Higher Res (only 25.7 MB) Version Here

I listened to this song for over two hours a day for over a week planning this vid. It covers 10+ hours of footage from the LOTR saga. I hope everyone likes as much as I do.

1. Melissa says:

:clap: well that was just freakin’ amazing! I would have to say right up there with Di’s “Clocks” with that wonderful editing. Dunno what effect you used to melt between the nazgul scenes, but I :love: it.

Wow, thanks! I think “Clocks” is a far superior effort, but I’m glad to be remotely associated with it :lol: The effect is a new one that came with Ulead Video Studio 9. It’s Flashbak (#8, I believe).

Glad you like it and thanks again, hon!! :smile:

3. lisa says:

thank you! what a gift you’ve given to us … truly, excellently done! wow … the best i’ve seen of lotr – and coldplay (as she kisses her fingers)!

again, thank you for sharing!

Thanks, Lisa! I’m so glad you like it. I think it’s definitely one of my best vids and I was soooo hoping people would like it, too. :smile:

5. Jessica says:

That video was so awsome. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into that video. Your work paid off for it is excellent.:wink: I think that it’s a wonderful video!!

Thanks, Jessica! I did put a LOT into it…maybe even too much!
    Thank you so much for your praise :wink2:

7. Muse says:

:eek::love::clap::wink:Awesome!!! Another favorite of mine again! You go! Must have taken you a long time to edit that one. Puts my vids to shame LOL

Thank you, Muse! I actually thought of you with each shot of Frodo and the other Hobbits! :lol:

9. mIsS_LySs says:

Oh Lordy, this video really took my breath away. The editing is SPECTACULAR (I make videos of my own, but not NEARLY as genius as this), and I never though of this song to go SO well with the story of LoTR. If you don’t mind, I’m going to pimp this video on my LJ and most definitely link it to your site!

Thanks a ton, mIsS LySs, (I think I broke my hand typing that). Hee! I’m glad you liked it. It’s definitely one of my best (which really isn’t saying much, as most of them are shite). :smile:

11. Emilie Sherry says:

i seriously really love this vid. im big on lotr fandom and visit ur site monthly to check out if u made anymore lotr vids… lucky u got over that star wars craze!! *tee hee* but i seriously love this vid, perhaps best one yet! keep up the good work! :thud:

12. KajaM says:

Awesome one!!! The editing is really really really great. Gotta love the choice of scenes and how they fit with the lyrics… escpecially the “to show you how it all began” parts. :wink:

Thank you very much, Emilie and KajaM! I’m partial to this vid, too. :smile:

14. Anonymous says:

AWESOME VIDEO :eek: . I’d like to watch an ad about LOTR on tv like this video ! they have horrible ones!. just one question what is the codec for hi resolution video ? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, anon! The codec for the higher res vid should be one of the Windows Media codecs. I would guess that it’s no higher than Windows Media 8, but it *may* be WM 9. :wink2:

16. previous anonimous says:

Im the anonimous :) thanks for the fast answer :)

17. Fiona says:

Oh WOW!!!! Quite simply one of, if not the best LOTR video I have ever seen. The song was perfect and the editing flawless. Brilliant, take a bow….:clap:

Wow! Thanks, Fiona! Really, thank you so much. I’m glad you liked it :smile:

19. Chris says:

is it possible you can make a code for this to put in a myspace.com profile that would be awesome

20. sofia says:

es muy bueno el tema ademas que el grupo es demaciado guachon
    :thud: :eek: :clap: :smile:

21. marcia says:

:clap: el mejor grupo que puede haber y la mejor cancion que puede haber :thud:

22. Otaro says:

i googled for something completely different, but found your page… and have to say thanks. nice read.

23. Stryd3r says:

er… i think ive become a little too obsessed with this video! i’ve watched it over and over! superb editing… keep up the great work.
    i think i’d be president of ur FAN CLUB if you had one! *huge grin* :lol:
    you’ve inspired me!

Aww, thanks, everyone. Sorry for the delay in thanking you, particularly Stryd3r, my email notification failed me, but thanks a ton!!

25. circeniko says:

Beautiful vid, I love how you put contemplative-Frodo clips in black and white :)

Thanks, Fiona for the rec on Fanvid-Recs.com. :smile: I’m extremely proud to add it to the site, and I humbly thank you a ton!

27. RDphantom says:

Interesting song choice, well edited. I loved the chorus “If you could see it/ then you’d understand” with flashes of everyone being sucked in by the ring. That was inspired editing.