HP: How It Ends

HP: How It Ends

9/7/2005 -HP Vids 15

Music: How It Ends

Music by: DeVotchka

Runtime: 5:19 Size: 16.2MB

Download Higher Res Vid (28.8MB) Here (re-rendered 9/9/05)

This song is used in the trailer for the movie Everything is Illuminated and it’s just a hauntingly gorgeous song that eerily fits the Harry Potter fandom. I wanted this vid to be both moody and whimsical, just as Harry’s life has been. I limited the clips of Dumbledore to the first two HP movies, so if it’s a little light on DD, that’s why.

*Spoilery if you haven’t read HBP*

1. Matt says:

Wow oh Wow. Ya did it again Jenn. Made me go a cry to another beautiful, haunting and guilt ridden video. That song was indeed perfect. So sad knowing what we do and how it affects the Trio’s universe. And methinks you’ve done a bit of extrapolating to a conclusion I too have reached *tears up again*

Beautiful work once more Jenn :)

Matt aka MTabek

Aww, thanks, Matt. This isn’t how I *want* it to end, but I just don’t know how it can’t. :cry: Thanks for your kind words and I’m glad you liked it. *hugs and hands tissues*

3. Marie says:

:clap: What an amazing video! So haunting and beautiful and perfect. I’ll be watching this one a lot. But I’m still praying for a miracle for Harry. Either that or I’m in denial.:smile:

Wow, thanks Marie. Deep down I think Harry will be victorious, but I don’t know how much happiness he’ll find. I’m very worried for everyone around him, especially now, and I’m almost afraid to know exactly how it ends.

5. Di says:

I know I already told you that, but this vid is worth repeating this all over again: I LOVED this vid, Jenn. The song was surely an inspired choice as was the editing. I also fear this might be how everything will end, but I am in denial! still have hope. I mean, JK couldn’t really do that to the poor kid…. could she? :cry: Again, lovely video!

Thanks, DI. It means a LOT to me that you liked it. Just FYI, I re-rendered today to remove the annoying kick right before “…ask and you’ll receive.” It was driving me nuts.:nod:

7. Wesa says:

Wow! That was just wonderful! A friend sent it to me and I just had to come here and comment. So yeah! Much fan love! :love::love::love::love:

Thanks, Wesa! I’m glad you like it. This is probably my last HP vid and I’m glad you liked it. It’s sooo hard to vid HP, especially knowing what we know. I’m also glad no one has accused me of trying to guess the true ending, because I definitely wasn’t trying to say this is exactly how it ends. *whew* So relieved! :razz:

9. Elena says:

Ok, first of all: wow. This is such a beautiful, haunting video. The song was a brill choice, and, like you said, eerily HP! I get this nostalgic feeling after I’ve watched it, and the story’s not even over yet! lol. I’ve been watching this non-stop for the past couple days. I even put it on my laptop so I could watch it between classes lol. So great, I had to recommend it to my family and friends. ^_^ Keep up the awesome work!!

Thanks, Elena! You are sooo sweet. I’m glad you liked it. I’m pretty sure I won’t be making anymore HP vids soon, as this one was so hard to do. Isn’t going to be weird finding out just how it ends?!?

11. Blonde Cecile says:

Oh, that was LOVELY! I agree with Elena that it gives off a heavy, nostalgic feeling. And it’s so well done and of great quality! Thank you for making this, it’s just what I needed today. It’s the best vid I’ve come across in a while. I’ll be sure to download your others sometime. Thanks again!

-BC

Thanks, BC. You’re VERY kind. I’m glad you liked it and I’m glad you got nostalgic watching it. :wink2: After POA, I almost lost interest in the movies, but with GOF and this song for this vid, I’m looking forward to seeing them again. :smile:

13. circeniko says:

Beautiful video, the song was perfect, and it’s interesting that you made it post HBP but only used clips from the first three films. I was skeptical about that working before I saw the vid, but it totally does :)

14. papanstargate says:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::nod:
    BEAUTIFUL!!!

15. great site with some great stargate universe ideas – added you to my sites favourites- do you use twitter? x